Our church re-opened to regular services on Pentecost Sunday, May 23, 2021. We follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidance for Fully, Partially or Non-Vaccinated individuals as explained on the CDC website (see links below). On July 27, 2021, CDC added the recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. Williamson County is currently in the Uncontrolled Community Spread(red) phase.
With the uncontrolled community spread, the Session voted on August 15, 2021 to require the congregation and guests to wear masks whenever they are in the church building including Fellowship Hall, except for those people who are on the dais, in the pulpit, or at the piano. The policy (click here to read about this) will be reviewed as the virus spread diminishes.
We are offering both hand sanitizer and masks for anyone to use. We also have posters of the CDC guideline at entrances to our church.
We normally celebrate communion on the first Sunday service of every month. However with the uncontrolled spread of the virus, Session voted on August 15, 2021 to suspend communion until further notice.
COVID-19 vaccines reduce the spread of the virus and allow our communities to get back to normal activities. Our county, state and federal health agencies provide information about COVID-19 and vaccinations. The links below can direct you to resources in Williamson & Travis counties, the State of Texas and the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We invite you to meet with our pastor or elders before or after worship services. Find answers to your questions and a warm welcome.
To be received into membership: There are three ways to join Leander Presbyterian Church.
(1) By Profession of Faith. If you have never publicly professed faith in Jesus Christ, you can receive Him as your Saviour and Lord. Baptism (we sprinkle) is necessary if you have not been previously baptized.
(2) Certificate of Transfer. The congregation will receive into membership anyone from a Christian church which grants transfers of membership. We accept any baptism administered by an ordained minister.
(3) By Reaffirmation of Faith. If your previous church does not grant letters of membership transfer, you may reaffirm your personal faith in Jesus Christ and so be received into membership.
The pastor, elders, and congregation are all involved in welcoming new members. We look forward to sharing our faith and faith family with you.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
Listed by Date, Day, Time, Place and Event
* October 3, Sunday Service, 11:00 a.m., In-person Service. Communion suspended until further notice due to COVID-19 viral spread.
* October 10, Sunday Service, 11:00 a.m., In-person Service.